Title: Manager – Colocation Facilities (Florida)
Location: Florida – East Coast
Position Type: Full-time
Function: Colocation Facility Management
South Reach Networks (SRN) is a carrier neutral long-haul fiber network provider, as well as the owner / operator of a data center and colocation facility located on the 5th floor of 36 Northeast 2nd Street in downtown Miami. The long-haul network consists of high-count fiber backbones and five integrated colocation facilities along the 360-mile East coast of Florida from Miami to Jacksonville. The Miami data center facility provides space, power, and connectivity for companies operating in the optical transport, telecommunications, server, storage, hosting, cloud, and IP business sectors.
In addition to the long-haul fiber network and Miami data center facility, SRN also owns and operates a high-capacity duct system and fiber network in downtown Miami with connectivity to key communications facilities in the metro area.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
The Florida Colocation Facility Manager is responsible for the day to day operations and coordination of customer activities in the 5 South Reach Networks facilities built along the Florida East coast. The facilities are located in West Palm Beach, Ft. Pierce, Rockledge, New Smyrna Beach, and St. Augustine. Additional company POP’s are located in Miami, Jacksonville, and Boca Raton.
The Colocation Facilities Manager reports to the SEVP – Head of Operations.
The Facility Manager is involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations for his/her colocation facilities and helps coordinate colocation related activities for Florida with other South Reach Networks areas of responsibility such as Engineering, Outside Plant, and Sales.
The Facilities Manager is a ‘hands on’ position and requires experience working with electrical power systems, AC/DC inverter and rectifier systems, HVAC systems and controls, working knowledge of communications equipment installation practices, and general facilities operations and maintenance experience.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Utilities, building facilities, HVAC, backup generators, electrical systems, etc.
- Local procurement and contract management.
- Building and grounds maintenance.
- Customer activities / provisioning management.
- Managing to a budget for all services.
- Cleaning services and grounds upkeep.
- Health and safety enforcement.
- Building and site security including access control.
- Internal / in-building communications infrastructure.
- Interior and exterior space management.
Typical tasks include but are not limited to:
- Project management, supervising and coordinating the work of contractors.
- Planning for future development and site expansion in line with strategic business objectives.
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
- Liaising with customers regarding installation services.
- Directing and planning essential services such as security, maintenance, cleaning, waste disposal.
- Ensuring the building and customers meet health and safety requirements.
- Planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources for each facility.
- Verification that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
- Performing facility installation work as needed.
- Coordinating and leading one or more contractor teams to cover various areas of responsibility.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
Candidates must meet the following Facilities Management requirements for consideration:
- Training and hands on experience working with electrical power systems, AC/DC inverter and rectifier systems, HVAC systems and controls, working knowledge of communications equipment installation practices.
- Experience managing communication facilities.
- Experience managing customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Hands on attitude / experience.
Education and Experience
- B.A./B.S. degree – preferably technical / engineering related or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years related work experience.
- MS Office experience – working knowledge of Word, Power Point, Excel, Project.
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Positive attitude, leadership qualities, well organized, dependable, and excellent listening skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must be willing and able to travel throughout Florida regularly, and also domestically for occasional meetings within the US. A valid Driver’s License is required.
Compensation includes base salary and a discretionary, performance based year-end bonus. The base salary will be commensurate with experience. The Company offers a highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, PTO, etc.
No relocation packages are available for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and use common hand tools. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For immediate consideration, please submit a detailed resume and cover letter as a PDF file and include current compensation requirements, in strict confidence.
Please note that unsolicited resumes or candidate submittals from any third-party recruiting or search firms will not be reviewed or considered. No phone calls please.
South Reach Networks is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.